Primary stability of:

OBJECTIVES

Obtaining a good primary stability is one of the main objectives during a dental implant placement procedure and the specific geometries for each Axelmed® Paradigma® diameter were developed to satisfy this requirement. The present report aims to analyze this feature in different clinical conditions.

MATERIAL AND METHODS

In the period between November 2014 and April 2016, 29 patients received consecutively a total of 93 Axelmed® Paradigma® by different operators with different levels of surgical skills. Of the 93 implants, 39 (41.9%) were loaded immediately, while the remaining 54 (58,1%) were loaded 10 weeks after the placement. 63 (67.7%) Axelmed® Paradigma® implants were used in a one-step technique, while the remaining 30 (32.3%) received a two-phase approach. Torque insertion was evaluated, postoperative Rx were taken at T0 (immediately after surgery), T1 (1 month), T2 (3 months), T3 (1 year) and the follow up was between 4 and 16 months.

RESULTS

23 implants (24.7%) were placed in post-extraction sockets, while 70 (75.3%) were in healed sites. The 93 Axelmed® Paradigma® received an initial torque with its distribution summarized in the bar graph. These values were recorded using the surgical motor Intrasurgery 2.0.

DISCUSSION

Literature data indicate that it’s desirable to reach a minimum value of 35 Ncm to proceed with an immediate loading protocol. However, some authors advise against using very high torque values (above 70 Ncm) to avoid possible necrosis around the implant fixture. The data and the experience in this report indicate the possibility to achieve good levels of primary stability using Axelmed® Paradigma® dental implants that respect bone tissue biology and surrounding structures. The implant thread design (trapezoidal with decreasing depth) and the conical shape of the body allowed to achieve a good primary stability. This is the main objective for the clinicians dealing with immediate loading protocol during their activity. Effectively, this implant design appears to demonstrate in almost 84% of the cases an excellent primary stability with > 35 Ncm torque insertion.